When you have to watch something on the TV, you need two most important things- a set-top box which receives the digital signals from the satellites and a proper broadcasting partner. Though several people rely on the set-top boxes to watch different programs on TV, starting from TV series to movies, news, games, and so on, several broadcasting partners have been introduced to the industry, each partner having different types of services.
They provide package-based entertainment channels which can be customized. But that will increase the prices and cause more problems. This is why the set-top boxes have lost their significance in recent years; rather than watching something being broadcasted from multiple stations, it's better to watch the pictures and listen to songs being streamed live from different online platforms like Netflix Peacock TV, and several others.
In this article, we will explain everything related to Live Streaming, how it is done, the pros and cons of live streaming, and so on. We will also introduce you to the Android TV box and the Superbox S3 Pro, one of the most chosen Android IPTVs recently.
What is live streaming?
From the name itself, you can understand that live streaming means transmitting digital video and audio signals directly from where the shooting is being done. It involves simply sending and receiving an antenna. Thus, you will watch everything in real life, even if the video is being filmed on the other side of the world. Live streaming is mainly done through the internet because it allows the fastest transmission of data, no matter where you are or what kind of device you are using.
For example, if you want to watch a soccer game in Spain from NYC, you can easily manage its live streaming using the internet. Since the internet acts as the fastest channel, there is no lagging of video and audio signals between the transmitter and the receiver. That's why you will be able to watch everything as it is being filmed.
How is live streaming done?
Live streaming involves the use of several elements which form the entire network channel so that the recorded signals can be transferred to any desired location where the user is accessing the same track through the internet.
This section has described the entire process of live streaming and how the network channel is being established.
1. Camera and video recording equipment are used to film the video at a faster rate. The original video being recorded is passed over to an encoder which converts those data into bite-sized digital signals.
2. The digital signals can be mixed using a mixer and then a transcoder; it can be transferred over the internet at a multi-bit rate. This multi-bit rate attribute will help the users view the videos according to their internet's bit rate capacity.
3. The signals are transferred from the host encoder to the nearest geographical server present in the CDN or the Control Delivery Network. The signs are transferred to the nearest server from the first server until the signals reach the final server close to the receiving user.
4. The CDN plays a significant role in ensuring that the video and audio signals are adequately streamed without losing any signal. However, if the transmitting and receiving servers are placed far apart, it will take longer to load the video.
5. Once the internet server receives the signal, it can be streamed on the TV, provided you have an HDMI box that converts the digital signals into analog ones.
Benefits of live streaming
Most people choose to ignore live-streamed videos and rely on the recorded ones. However, in recent times, live streaming has gained a lot of importance which we have discussed this section for your better understanding.
1. With live streaming, one will be able to gain a better and larger audience group. For example, with the Tokyo Olympics 2020 being streamed live, the broadcasting partner of NBC has gained a lot of viewers compared to what it had earlier. So, for increasing the audience for any channel or streaming platform, live streaming is one of the best methods.
2. There will be no loss of data, filtering of content, elimination of certain portions of the clips, and other such manipulations with the content. Hence, the videos and audios being streamed live will have richer content with a higher value that is not possible for the standard videos you see on the TVs or the broadcasting platforms.
3. Although most people think that live streaming is difficult to achieve and lots of distortions are introduced in the signals, these are nothing but myths. On the contrary, streaming live videos over the CDN network is easier and faster than stream recorded videos. This is because satellites, antennas, and broadcasting stations are involved during typical video streaming, complicating the entire process. But for living streaming, internet and CDN servers are mainly used along with HDMI-based streaming devices.
4. Live streaming of any event or video is very affordable to watch compared to record streaming. Moreover, no manipulation or other work is done on the videos and audios in live streaming, further reducing the overall expenses. Hence, all you need is a subscription for the internet and the broadcasting partner on whose channels the videos will be streamed.
Disadvantages of live streaming
Even though live streaming has many advantages, there are several risks too, which you need to consider. Below we have discussed some of the major disadvantages of watching live videos streamed over the internet.
1. Sometimes, live streaming can catch scenes that are inappropriate for all viewers, especially children. This is why it's best to keep them away from any live-streamed video.
2. Since live streams will capture everything happening in real life. The audio might contain offensive languages that are inappropriate and unsuitable for hearing out loud.
3. Leaving digital footprints is one of the significant risks of live streaming. While recording the videos, someone's details or any other information might get recorded without the person's knowledge. It will create a digital footprint that will prove to be detrimental for that particular person.
4. Live streaming videos can manipulate others, especially children who don't have the consciousness to differentiate between a recorded video and a live video.
What is an Android TV box?
An Android TV box is an HDMI technology that receives digital signals from the internet and then converts them to analog signals displayed on the TV screen. Thanks to this new technology, you can connect the television with the internet or a gaming console where the images and videos will be played on the TV screen.
As for the sound signals, you can either rely on the speakers integrated within the Android IPTV box or an external speaker like the Dolby sound systems, soundbars, wireless speakers, and so on.
Superbox S3 Pro - the next-gen Android TV box
Lately, several new types of Android TV boxes have been launched in the market, out of which the Superbox S3 Pro has become the most popular. It's a next-generation IPTV box that will allow you to stream live videos and access everything you can through your laptop or the mobile but on the TV screen.
Once you connect the Superbox S3 Pro with your TV and the internet connection has been established, you will be able to view the homepage of the Android box rather than any particular channel. Several icons will be present on the home page, like those you see on your mobile or laptop. Using the remote console, you will navigate between the options and choose the streaming station, a live streaming channel, or your favorite Netflix.
Features of Superbox S3 Pro
Dual antenna for different Wi-Fi bandwidth connection
First of all, the Superbox S3 Pro is equipped with a dual antenna that can be connected with two different Wi-Fi bandwidths- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. So, it doesn't matter which particular Wi-Fi bandwidth you have at your home because the S3 Pro box can be connected to either of the wireless frequency channels.
Android 9.0 Operating System
The Operating System present in the Superbox S3 Pro is Android 9.0, which has several new features compared to the predecessor versions. In addition, it has easy navigation, and you will also be able to access a lot of in-built apps and channels that weren't there in the previous versions of the Android TV box.
Higher and improved picture resolution
With Superbox S3 Pro, the picture resolution has been improved to 4Kor 6K display technology. This is why the Android TV box has become so popular lately in the market. In addition, the pictures are more explicit, sharper, and brighter with better color contrast.
Reduced heating of the main IPTV box
Unlike other Android TV boxes, this IPTV box has reduced heating, all thanks to the ventilation system included in the build of the product. As all the heat will be dispersed into the outside environment, no harm will come to the inner circuits, and hence, the box will last for longer times.
In the above article, we have explained everything you need to know related to living streaming, how it is done, the benefits along with the risks, and so on. Since now you have a clear idea about what live streaming is, you can easily connect the Superbox S3 Pro with your TV and watch the different live videos, including those from Tokyo Olympics 2020 and the Paralympics 2020, which is going to start after mid-August.